Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Todays Secret...

August 24, 2010

Today, I got onto my blog. After a few days of no one finding or commenting on my blog and the one friends I actually told about this site telling me I was stupid for thinking I could get anywhere with this blog, I was ready to quit. I was tired of being discouraged and put down because I wanted to find people like me -- people that have secrets that they can't share with their own friends and family, people that want their secret to be heard. I had a dream to help people and I thought posting a blog would help. The one friend I told, my best friend, kept putting me down. I hated it.

Finally today, I logged in and checked to see if anyone had seen this. I saw that a person (Blah) had commented on my blog. I was overjoyed to see that I was in fact getting somewhere with this. I just have to take baby steps to make it big and not get discouraged so easily.

So, the question for this blog is: When was the last time you were discouraged and just wanted to give up on everything? What happened? What did it make you feel like?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bee!

    So, here's my story:
    I've been diagnosed with multiple life-long diseases, been put through medical test after medical test, endured emotional abuse from my father, and had friends who yo-yoed for a while, all since I was 14 (I'm now 18). Last summer was my hardest, where I was bed ridden for most of the time, not even able to go to church most weeks. My only excursions were to the doctor's and the library (to pick out books to read when I couldn't get out of bed =P)

    That summer I almost took my own life, but I stopped when I realized that God loved me. My siblings loved me. My mum loved me. And I had friends who loved me. they just hadn't known the extent of my life's troubles - all I needed to do to get them to come to "my rescue" was to open up to them. So I put all the pain pills I had spilled out on my bed back into their bottle, wiped my tears away, and spent a couple hours just pouring my heart out to God.
    Now I have a mission to show love to everyone I meet.

    I actually started a blog on here in May. My most recent post was inspired by sixbillionsecrets.com as well. I was approving various secrets when I ran across yours, and decided to check the blog out. I'd be happy to work with you on this project of helping and listening and encouraging. I've been where many of these people are right now, and I've pulled through.
    My blog is musingsofanavidthinker.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

    Even if this never gets off the ground, I admire you for taking the step of faith and love to do what you can for others.
    I commend you for that!

    Be Well!
    -Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rae! I am so glad you did not go through with taking your life. I don't know you personally, but you are beautiful and I love you.
    You're story is... I don't know how to describe it. It's touching. The fact that you have been put through all that and you are still standing strong is just amazing.
    I checked out your blog, but I've only read a little bit. I hope to read a lot more of it, because I love it.

    - Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...well thank you! And I'm glad you like the blog! :)
    So, any plans one where you're going to take this project of yours?

    -Rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few ideas of where I might take it, but for the time being I'm going to see where it takes itself. (If that makes any sense...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. It makes sense :) Well, best of luck then. I'll keep reading if you keep posting!

    ReplyDelete