Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

Well, it's been a rough week. It was the first full week of school. That monday night, my best friend's (we'll call her S) friend from school committed suicide. I didn't know him, but because she was affected, I was affected. S cried almost every day. She told me that he was one of the happiest people she knew -- that he was always laughing. He graduated from high school in the spring of this year. He had gone to college for a few days and the Friday night before he killed himself, he went to the fair with S and a group from her school. It turns out that he just hung out with them to tell them goodbye. I've been told that he shot himself in the chest -- and this is not the easiest way to kill yourself because you might not die instantly... so I'm thinking he didn't really want to die, but what do I know? Anyways, the guy that killed himself didn't want to leave his friends and have to go to college -- or at least that's what I have been told. The guy had tons of friends that were affected. 

So my question for today is: Have you ever been affected by someone that has committed suicide? 

No comments:

Post a Comment