Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Living in the Footsteps of a Straight-A, Homecoming Queen.

I am constantly compared to my older sister. She’s smart (a straight A student), she’s somewhat athletic, and she’s been on the Homecoming Court two years in a row. I really wanted to be on it this year. I was like “This is gonna be the year, V!” (V – My best friend at school.) Too bad it was not the year. I didn’t make it onto the Homecoming Court; I didn’t even make it onto the Homecoming Ballot.
I guess I just wanted to be on the Court to show people that I’m not the lame loser that sits in the back of the class and writes and plays Bubble Shooter all the time. I just wish I wasn’t so… quiet… at school. Because outside of school, I’m not quiet at all. I’m loud and I can be obnoxious.
I don’t know why I shut down in school. It’s like, I get around these people and I can’t even form an actual sentence. It’s ridiculous and somewhat embarrassing.
I occasionally tell myself I’m not pretty enough, I’m too fat,  I have no friends, I will never amount to anything in life, if I want to make it somewhere in life then I need to be more like my sister… But then I am reminded that the outward appearance doesn’t matter, I do have a friend and that is God, I will amount to something in life because God has a plan for me and that plan is bound to be awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Bee! I know the feeling. But trusting in God is often the only thing we can do, and it's the best. Trust me on that.
    :) Keep writing!

    -Rae <3

    ReplyDelete