Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Because We're All Getting Tired of the Media

What are your thoughts on the media? 

Honestly, I don't like the media. It's not my favorite thing in the world. I don't like looking at the fake girls on the front of magazine covers or in the ads on the internet. I don't like watching commercials about how to get skinnier or prettier. 

My thoughts: The media makes girls feel less than worthy of anything. Girls are never skinny enough, never have the right clothes, never have the right hair style or color, girls are never good enough. This is totally wrong. I don't believe that the head turner should be what you wear but it should be the fact that you aren't afraid to be yourself. Makeup doesn't matter. It doesn't make you pretty. Natural beauty is what's best. Covering up your face with a pound of makeup doesn't make you totally beautiful! 

I don't think being skinny has anything to do with being beautiful. I have tons of overweight friends that are gorgeous. You don't have to weigh 80 pounds at the age of 16 to be pretty. Guys are demeaning, I know. I've dealt with it before. Girls are mean and gossip - get over it, their thoughts don't matter. 

What matters is that you are beautiful without having to listen to the media about what you should wear, what you should weight, et cetera. 

Be yourself and don't change for anyone. That's what true beauty is. 

You're unique in your own way. It's beautiful. 

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY. 



No comments:

Post a Comment