Monday, January 24, 2011

Take the Opportunities

I was on Facebook the other day.
This guy, who we will call J, had posted his status as something that affected me.
I don’t know this guy, I’ve never met him. He dated my friend for a long time and added me so I was like “Sure” and accepted it.
His status was:

“SO SICK OF ALL THIS IDIOTIC BULLCRAP YOU GET ON MY EVERLASTING NERVERS
DONT EVEN TRY TO APOLOGIZE I'M  DONE 
WITH IT ALL HOW BOUT I JUST CRAWL IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE WOULD YOU EVEN CARE. LETS SEE HOW MANY WOULD CARE LIKE THIS STATUS IF U....
WOULD MISS ME IF I VANISHED JUST WHENT POOF” 

I was tempted to hit the like button. I wanted to comment. I wanted to message him and lead him to this blog. I wanted to tell him that life was worth living and that tons of people loved him and that if he went "poof" it would break tons of people. I didn't. I thought to myself "He doesn't know me. It would just be weird." 

Now, three days later, I regret not hitting the like button or commenting. I regret not taking the time to talk to this guy about life and the people that love him. I regret not telling him about God and God's love. I regret listening to my head when it told me not to do anything. I regret not trying to save this boy.

He didn't kill himself. He didn't go "poof".

Even though I didn't do anything for this guy, I saw that 32 people liked his status and there were 16 comments on it. 

I wish I would have had the guts to say something to this guy. It's never too late. I'm going to talk to him. 

Well, that's all for today. 
Love, Bee (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment